Main page content
Strategic Plan 2017 - 2020
Hamilton welcomes newcomers, celebrates diversity and is a place for everyone to call home.
The Hamilton Immigration Partnership Council (HIPC) coordinates local strategic planning and community based knowledge-sharing to advance the successful settlement and integration of all newcomers to Hamilton.
Inclusivity I Transparency I Responsiveness I Flexibility I Results focused I Accountable
Based on research, consultations and focus groups conducted with community partners, newcomers and other stakeholders, HIPC identified three strategic objectives and priority areas of focus for its activities in 2017-2020.
Newcomers are supported through strong community partnerships
Strategic Priority: Coordination of Services
- Multi-sector services and supports for newcomers and immigrants are coordinated and planned to optimally address the settlement and integration needs of newcomers and immigrants across Hamilton
- Cross-sectoral collaborative activities and partnerships are identified and implemented to enhance the coordination of settlement services
- The highest priority systemic barriers in all dimensions of settlement are addressed
- Engagement with community partners, newcomers and immigrants to verify gaps, plan priority actions and share knowledge to improve outcomes for newcomers
Hamilton is a responsive, welcoming and inclusive community
Strategic Priority: Communications and Community Engagement
- HIPC educates and raises awareness of newcomer and immigrant issues, showcases success stories and shares progress in improving coordination of effective services and fostering welcoming communities.
- Through outreach and networking with stakeholders HIPC:
- Strengthens partnerships
- Collaborates and enhances community-based knowledge sharing
- Increases intercultural and civic engagement
HIPC is a leader in immigration research and knowledge sharing
Strategic Priority: Research and Evaluation
- Coordinate and conduct research on newcomer and immigrant demographics, trends, immigration policy and barriers to integration
- Recommend indicators for measuring the progress of priority actions against expected outcomes
- Measure project progress and partner engagement in executing priority actions
- Date modified: